Beachview Vacation Rentals Web Site Terms and Conditions Agreement between User and BVR, LLC
(Beachview Vacation Rentals is referred to in this document as BVR)
Please read this Rental Agreement and Policies before you begin your vacation. Any money received by BVR for occupancy of Rental Property indicates the acceptance of the terms of the Rental Agreement in full. All policies are strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of all guests (and members of entire party) to be familiar with all policies pertaining to the rental. The cancellation policies are in effect at the time the reservation is made (please see cancellation policy below). Restrictions: All BVR properties are non -smoking. Certain and specific BVR properties will allow pets (see pet policy) if it is a qualifying pet property. Please refer to the specific property for policy.
RENTAL AGREEMENT AND POLICIES
In consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises contained herein, the Owner of above Rental Property, through Beachview Vacation Rentals (BVR), his/her Agent, does hereby lease and rent to Guest such Rental Property under the following terms & conditions.
1. Policies: Guest hereby certifies that he/she has received and read the Rental Agreement and Policies listed below. Guest further agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations contained herein related to rental of the Rental Property listed above.
2. Initial Payment/Advanced Deposit: This Agreement and Reservation Confirmation is considered FULLY ACCEPTED AND CONFIRMED BY GUEST(S), upon the processing of initial payment and/or delivery of Reservation Confirmation and these Terms & Conditions. Approximately 50% of the Total Rental Balance is due at the time of making your reservation. Guest understands that advance rental payments paid by Guest in advance of taking possession of the premises may be disbursed to Owner, BVR, or third parties shortly after its receipt by BVR and Guest does hereby expressly agree and consent to early disbursement of the advance Rental payment. All rents paid may be deposited in an interest bearing account with all proceeds of such interest payable to BVR.
3. Final Payment: The remaining Final Balance Amount, after the Initial Payment Amount, must be paid prior to thirty days (30) in advance of the check-in date by eCheck/ACH payment, debit / credit card or this agreement may be canceled at the sole discretion of BVR. We will attempt to send you a reminder for your final payment prior to the date that it is due, however, please be sure to mark the final payment date on your calendar to ensure funds are available for payment. Unless otherwise specified, or if final payment has not been made prior to thirty days (30) in advance of the check in date, BVR reserves the right to charge the balance of your reservation to any and all payment methods on file. BVR is indemnified and held harmless against any fees incurred, losses, liabilities, or claims that may result due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) or other payment method limits and/or inefficiencies.
4. Methods of Payment: For your convenience, BVR offers many payments options to choose from. All returned checks or eCheck/ACH payments resulting in non-sufficient funds (NSF) will be charged a $35.00 fee. BVR will not re-deposit any returned checks and may not accept eCheck/ACH payments from guests whose original payment resulted in non-sufficient funds (NSF) or if payment date is within seven (7) business days of guest’s check in date. American Express credit cards may be accepted, but are subject to an additional three percent (3%) processing fee on reservations booked both over the phone and online.
5. Credit Card: Guest is required to provide a credit card number as a guarantee at the time of making their reservation. A minimum charge of $150 or 10% of the cost of the reservation total, whichever is lower, will be required to ensure the validity of the card provided if another payment method is preferred. Guest agrees to pay all rent and/or any outstanding long distance phone or pay cable charges, accept all terms of the lease agreement and accept all liability for any damage beyond the normal wear and tear (or Damage Waiver Plan) during the term of the lease with BVR. Guest understands that these costs will be charged to the credit card or other methods of payment on file and that all sales and payments are final.
6. Last Minute Reservation: The full payment is required at the time of booking for all reservations made within 30 days from arrival. Cancellations for last minute reservations will be treated the same as all other cancellations.
7. Damage Waiver Fee, Damages & Missing Items: Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. A nonrefundable damage fee is required for all reservations. BVR requires a valid credit card number on file in addition to the Damage Fee. The Damage Waiver Fee is a nonrefundable Fee that relieves Guests of the cost for unintentional and incidental damage to the Rental Property and its contents, not to exceed the amount of coverage purchased. Guests may possibly be relieved of the cost of such damage if and only if the guest acknowledges the damage in writing to BVR and/or the insurance underwriters as required. Currently, the Damage Waiver Fee is $89.00 for coverage up to $3,000.00 of unintentional damage. The Damage Waiver Fee does not cover intentional or unreported damage, theft, unintentional and incidental damage exceeding the amount of coverage purchased or any damage or flea infestation caused by a pet, unauthorized pets, excessive pet hairs, property damage, extensive cleaning required at check-out, smoking in non-smoking units, exceeding occupancy or parking limits, and any other mentioned charges/policies in BVR’s Rental Agreement and Policies. BVR reserves the right to charge Guest’s credit card in the event of the above listed exclusions. Guest will be notified of any damage/costs in writing. Any material damage to the Rental Property will be charged immediately to the Guest’s credit card (or deducted from Security Deposit). Guest assumes full responsibility for any items damaged due to misuse or negligence or action on Guest’s part, except in the case of the normal wear and tear reported to BVR within 24 hours of check-in, and for any items found to be missing. Violation of any condition of the terms of the BVR Rental Agreement voids the Damage Deposit Waiver plan.
8. No Smoking: No Smoking is allowed inside the Rental Property. BVR reserves the right to charge a $250 fee to the credit card on file should smoking occur inside property during your stay. Smoking on outdoor patios is usually permitted. Ask upon reserving unit or refer to rules posted in individual unit for designated smoking areas. Any Guest smoking in a non-smoking property will subject entire group to expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. In addition to the smoking fee, any damages as a result of smoking (i.e. burns, deodorizing or additional housekeeping required, etc) will be charged to the credit card on file or withheld from Security Deposit.
9. Check-In: Check-in time begins at 4:00pm (CST). Due to BVR’s high quality standards and high business levels occasional check-in delays may occur during times of heavy departure or due to circumstances outside of our control. No credits or refunds will be issued for reasonable delays. BVR staff will assist you during these times to make you as comfortable as possible. If you plan to arrive later than 8:00pm, please call at least 24 hours in advance to make arrangements.
10. Early Arrival & Early Check-In Fee: BVR offers an Early Check-in or Late Check-Out on a limited basis at an additional fee of $75/hour; not all properties are available for early check-in. Keep in mind that it is difficult to service every Rental Property between 10:00am and 4:00pm, especially during Peak Season. If you have not requested and paid for an approved Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, normal check-in/out times apply. Requests must be made and approved by BVR a minimum of 7 days prior to your arrival date. Early check- in cannot be guaranteed until the day before arrival in most cases. Earliest check in time permitted is 2:00pm (CST) if available.
11. Check-Out: Check-out time is 10:00am (CST). We must strictly follow designated check-out times in order to prepare unit for the next guests; the times are not flexible and overstaying check-out time may result in additional rent in the amount of $50.00 per half hour. We recommend that all guests review the departure and check-out procedures listed below. If anything is damaged or not working in the home, please report immediately.
12. Departure & Check-Out Procedures: Your assistance by timely checking out and following Check-Out Procedures is greatly appreciated. BVR property inspectors will inspect after Guest departure to ensure that the Rental Property is in good order, tidy, and damage-free. If during the inspection, inspectors find the Rental Property to be left in an excessively unclean condition, or if the Check-Out procedures, pet or other policies were not followed, BVR reserves the right to charge a minimum amount of $50.00 to the credit card(s) that was used to process this reservation.
Please complete the following Check-Out Procedures to avoid additional charges upon departure:
- Leave property tidy and in order.
- Return all furniture to where it was found.
- All soiled dishes are to be placed in dishwasher and the dishwasher must be started.
- Remove all food and trash from the property and dispose of properly.
- Take out all trash to outside trashcan or place in trash chute (if applicable).
- Pull trashcan to the curb the night before trash pick-up days (if applicable).
- Leave bedspreads on the beds; they are laundered separately.
- Turn off all lights and turn A/C up to 75 degrees and heat to 60 degrees.
- Close and lock all outside doors and windows.
- Place all TV/DVD or other appliance remotes next to their appliance.
- Place garage remote(s) on kitchen counter (if applicable).
- Place all access cards, fobs, and wristbands on kitchen counter (if applicable).
13. Cancellation: Once your reservation deposit has been received there will be NO refunds given. If Guest purchased CSA Travel Protection, Guest may qualify for coverage reimbursement(s). Stipulations are pending per CSA Policy.
14. Travel Protection/Trip Cancellation Insurance: BVR has contracted with CSA, Inc. 1-800-554-9839 in order to offer you trip cancellation insurance to protect your vacation investment against hurricane evacuations, injury, sickness, or death and other unforeseen covered circumstances, which could cause cancellation of confirmed reservation and forfeiture of payments. The optional trip cancellation insurance cost is 6.95% of the Trip Cost (Trip Cost is the total of Rent, Tax and Fees) and can be purchased either at the time of making the reservation or prior to paying your Final Balance. Payment for the plan will not be accepted after BVR has received your Total Balance Due. You are required to indicate choice to accept or decline optional trip insurance. Please realize that manually subtracting cost of trip insurance from the Total Balance Due on Rental Confirmation, and by not paying premium, indicates decline of optional trip cancellation insurance. We recommend that all Guests purchase this coverage for added financial protection in cancellation situations where we are unable to refund payments. You will have 10 days from the date you receive the trip cancellation policy to review the policy and cancel, in writing if you do not elect to purchase the coverage. Refunds and coverage issues will be based and determined solely by CSA Inc. and the existing policy will be issued to Guest if coverage of this insurance has been elected upon making reservation.
15. Hurricane Evacuation: If a mandatory evacuation order is issued by local county officials for the occupants of the county/area in which your property is located during the dates of your stay, Guest(s) may qualify for a refund, but only for the nights that you un-able to occupy the accommodation due to the mandatory evacuation order. If you choose not to occupy the property prior to the order or if you choose to leave in the event of a voluntary evacuation, no refunds will be given.
Reimbursements and coverage issues will be based and determined solely by CSA Inc. and the existing policy will be issued to Guest if coverage of this insurance has been elected upon making reservation. Refunds for the period of mandatory evacuation will be made solely by CSA, provided Guest has purchased optional trip cancellation insurance. Refer to trip cancellation policy or contact CSA directly for specific information and/or refund procedures. If you choose to leave due to “Storm Warnings” or “Voluntary Evacuation” no refunds will be given. BVR will not issue refunds in part or in full for inclement weather. Our recommendation for reservations made during hurricane season is for you to research and purchase trip cancellation.
16. Rental Properties Are For Family Vacations Only: BVR happily rents to families and adults over the age of 25 years old. BVR may approve at the time of reservation and at our discretion to rent to groups, but 1) you must disclose at the time of reservation that you are a non-family group and 2) the majority of the group members must be at least 25 years of age. BVR will not enter into a Rental Agreement with anyone under the age of 25. Be honest! The best way to avoid problems during your stay is to be up front when making the reservation. Any such misrepresentation including, but not limited to, overcrowding, exceeding parking capacity, or sub-letting of Rental Property will result in both the forfeiture of all monies paid (including all fees) and immediate, expedited eviction. In addition, if BVR discovers any undeclared parties or groups. Guest will be billed additional fees. BVR will bill the guest credit card a minimum fee of 1 nights rent and any damages or additional housekeeping charges. BVR reserves the right to charge the credit card on file $150 per incident for items such as, but not limited to, neighborhood complaint calls, calls made to the police, complaint calls to BVR after hours emergency number, or any noise, nuisance, party or other complaint made because of the guest and/or members of their party. BVR HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ROWDY GROUPS. PLEASE BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR!
17. Maximum Occupancy & Parking Capacity: BVR has set and published occupancy & parking limits for every unit and strictly enforces these limits. The Maximum Occupancy is determined by the bedding provided in the Rental Property and/or the limit set by BVR and the Owner of the Rental Property. The parking capacity and the number of parking spaces and/or parking passes available is determined by the number of available off-street parking spaces available at a specific property and/or the number of parking spaces assigned to the unit as determined by the specific resort or community. Guest vehicles exceeding parking capacity or improperly parked are subject to tow solely at owner’s expense.
Our communities are designed for the pleasure of people. Automobiles are welcome, but the roads belong to pedestrians first. Once you are here you will find that at most of our rental locations the beach, pool, restaurants and even shopping is a pleasant stroll away. Please call prior to arrival for assistance with RV, trailer and boat parking as they are not allowed at our properties. Golf carts (street legal) are allowed at some properties; however, a proper parking space must be designated.
The property listing and/or guest portal / mobile app states the maximum occupancy and parking capacity for your Rental Property; if you need to rent a second property to accommodate your group, or if your family will exceed the occupancy limit, please notify BVR so we can accommodate your needs (this includes children 3 and over). BVR and Property Owner must approve any additional guests that may be considered as occupying the property and additional charges will be required – a minimum of $50.00 per person per night due to the additional cleaning costs and potential damages. Eviction is possible in cases where guests were not approved and/or where safety or fire code could be an issue.
Absolutely no house parties, events, receptions, kegs, or overcrowding permitted. We strongly advise you to not jeopardize your family and friends’ vacation by overcrowding or noise violations. BVR may represent properties which will allow a small family gathering, however, such gatherings must be approved prior to arrival and require an additional fee. Please consult a BVR representative further information and availability.
18. Right of Entry: Guest agrees that the BVR Agents reserves the right to enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, deliver household items, or have a scheduled service carried out to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent may deem appropriate, or to show property to prospective purchasers. Please note that if this Rental Property is currently on the market for sale, BVR will make every effort not to show the Property during your stay. In the event that an agent needs to schedule a showing, or enter the property for reasons listed above, whenever possible BVR and/or Owner will attempt to provide Guest with a minimum of 12 hours advance notice and attempt to perform services between 9 am and 6pm, 7days a week.
19. Expedited Eviction: A material breach of this Agreement by Guest(s), which, in the sole determination of the Agent, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Guest(s) or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Guest(s) rental period. Violation of any of the rules contained herein will result in IMMEDIATE EVICTION and forfeiture of rent and security deposit (where applicable). If the rental period created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Cabins Act will apply. Guest(s) may be evicted under such procedures if Guest(s): (i) hold over in possession after Guest(s) rental period has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Guest(s) rental period; (iii) fail to pay rent as required by this Agreement, or (iv) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation. Any reservation made under false pretenses will result in forfeiture of advance payments and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
20. BVR Reserves The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone: All rental properties are leased without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or sexual orientation.
21. Violating Agreement: If Guest violates any of the conditions of BVR Rental Policies or BVR Rental Agreement; BVR may terminate this Agreement and enter Premises. Upon notice of termination of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the Premises immediately and forfeit all rents and security deposits.
22. Firearms & Fireworks: The use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited at all BVR properties.
23. Alcoholic Beverages: No drinking of alcoholic beverages by persons under the legal age of twenty-one (21) is allowed. Should Guest(s) or guest of Guest(s) be arrested for underage drinking at the rental unit property or should Agent(s) observe a Guest(s) under the age of 21 drinking alcoholic beverages, this rental agreement may be terminated and the Guests evicted at the option of the Agent(s). Kegs are not permitted on any property. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited.
24. Handicap Friendly Properties: Some of our Properties are ground floor level or equipped with elevators and/or ramps. Please refer to property description for details. Due to the age and design of most of our properties, we cannot guarantee complete ADA compliance for any of our properties, but we will be glad to assist you with finding a unit that best suits your needs.
25. Furnishings: All of BVR’s Rental Properties are privately owned and individually furnished. Their descriptions were accurate at the time of printing or posting of any advertising, but subsequent renovations by the Owner may result in changes. BVR is not responsible for property changes made by the Owners, or for any conditions in the property beyond our control upon your arrival. When you arrive at your Rental Property, it should be clean and ready for occupancy. If BVR does not hear from you within 1 hour from check in, or by 10am the following morning (if a late night arrival), we presume that the property was found in satisfactory condition. We ask that guests do not move furniture or accessories within the property or transfer items from one property to another; and never move interior furniture outdoors. Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the OWNER’S personal storage and are not included in this rental.
26. Listings & Properties: Guest is responsible for reviewing the property description, photos, location, and amenities listing online for this property to confirm that it will meet the needs of your group. Information regarding individual listings is believed accurate but cannot be guaranteed. We have made every effort to ensure that all the information on Agent(s) website(s) is current and accurate. The possibility of errors and omissions exists. We will be happy to confirm all data contained herein or answer any questions you may have prior to booking your reservation. Rates for holidays, special events, and weekends may be higher. Rates do not include tax and are subject to change. Rates, furnishings, amenities, fees, and taxes are subject to change without notice. A BVR Guest Services representative is happy to answer any questions regarding property details. Information regarding individual listings is believed accurate but cannot be guaranteed.
27. Property Showings: Due to liability issues, we are unable to provide prospective renters with keys to preview properties. Photos are available online and our Representatives are happy to answer questions regarding property details.
28. Substitute of Accommodations & Availability: Occasionally, a property which has been reserved will not be available for reasons beyond our control. When that happens, BVR reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations. If comparable accommodations are not available, you will have the option of selecting from our available properties at the published rate or receiving a complete refund of your reservation deposit.
29. Construction near Your Property: BVR represents growing communities and there is a chance that your unit may be near some construction. Noise and altered views due to construction are beyond our control. If noise is excessive, you may notify BVR and we can attempt to contact the contractor/builder. Refunds, discounts, substitutions, or cancellations cannot be made due to nearby construction. In the event that your unit becomes unavailable due to construction, BVR will make every attempt to substitute accommodations in a comparable property.
30. Refunds, Breakdowns & Maintenance: The Rental Agreement is legally binding agreement between Guest, BVR and the Property Owner. Your reservation and Accepted Rental Agreement bind you to a specific home for a specific period of time. There should be no expectation of refunds, discounts or relocation because you are disappointed with the property you have rented or in the event that something associated with the property is not working to your satisfaction. Unlike a hotel, we cannot relocate you without specific authorization from the Property Owner. Each of the Property Owners makes every attempt to keep their property and its equipment in good working order. All appliances will be checked and should be in working order at the time of your arrival to this rental property. BVR cannot guarantee against mechanical problems that may arise, nor can BVR control the amount of time repair service calls may take.
Please report any problems, breakdowns, or damages as soon as possible to BVR during regular business hours. In the case of an after hours emergency, please follow instructions in the Emergency clause below. BVR will make every attempt to correct any problem that arises during your say in a timely manner. BVR cannot guarantee against breakdowns. There will be no rate adjustments or refunds for mechanical failure of nonessential items such as, but not limited to, air conditioner, TV, dishwasher, washer, dryer, refrigerator, ice maker, freezer, dishwasher, stove, oven microwave, A/C unit, hot water heater, garbage disposal as well as pool/spa heater, pool/spa pump, telephone, toilet(s), TV, clock or radio, fireplace, grill, elevator, and other appliances or luxury items. Service interruptions and outages can occur for water, electric, internet, telephone or cable. Any breakdowns will be repaired as quickly as possible during our normal business hours. In addition, refunds cannot be given for minor water leaks or inclement weather conditions.
BVR has described all properties, their furnishings, locations, and amenities as accurately as possible based upon the information received from the homeowner. Sometimes an owner will remodel or redecorate a property after the information has been published, therefore, there may be some discrepancies. No refunds or rate adjustments whatsoever will be made for mechanical failures such as, but not limited to air conditioning, heating, television, or appliances that occur during your stay. BVR is not responsible for intrusion of pests including insects, rodents, flies, or other pests as well as weather conditions, road conditions, power outages, acts of God, beach closures or any other activity, event, construction or condition beyond its control.
If upon check-in and within the first two (2) hours of occupancy, you discover and report an item found to be not working such as an air conditioner, heater, appliance, major plumbing, electrical, internet services, cable TV service, fireplace, or other common household items, we will make arrangements to have the item fixed and a maximum one (1) time refund of $50.00 will be credited to your stay for the inconvenience.
31. Emergency Calls: For after hours emergencies (fire, water, electrical or lock out) call the BVR office line and follow emergency instructions. A BVR staff member or representative will return your call as soon as possible. Non-emergency calls should be made during normal business hours. After hour non-emergency reports may be charged a fee.
32. Appliances/Air Conditioners (A/C): Most of our properties are equipped with central heating air conditioning, and basic appliances; refer to Property description for individual unit. No full or partial refunds will be issued for A/C unit or appliance mechanical failure. Once BVR is notified of any mechanical problems, we will make every effort to have repaired as quickly as possible. Please follow all air conditioning instructions posted in the property.
Windows and doors need to remain shut while the air conditioning is on inside the home. Having windows and doors open may cause the A/C unit to freeze up and a service call will be incurred. Any charges incurred will be passed on to the guest.
33. Television/DVD: All of our properties are equipped with at least one television with basic cable. If a VCR or DVD is provided, it will be noted in the Property description. BVR cannot guarantee against service problems of equipment, cable reception, programs, channels, or events. No refunds will be given for televisions or DVDs under repair, or for temporary loss of cable. BVR will make every effort to have repairs made as soon as we are notified. Properties with multiple TVs, DVDs, or VCRs will not be provided with a loaner. All properties are privately owned and have different subscription packages for cable and/or satellite.
34. Internet Access: Many of our properties provide internet access. The range of these offerings varies from property to property and may include either Wireless High-speed internet to Wired High-speed Internet (Ethernet cable and computer not provided). Please read the individual property description and web site information to determine the types of devices and equipment offered in an individual property. BVR is not responsible for and cannot guarantee the quality or availability of internet service. Service may be limited or disrupted due to conditions beyond our control and some devices may not work properly while using the Internet. Refunds will not be given for interruption or unavailability of Internet service.
35. Telephones: Your property may or may not be equipped with a telephone that has local service. Outgoing long-distance calls may be blocked, but may be made by calling collect or using a calling card. The BVR office does not have the capability to bill you for your direct long distance calls from the unit. In no event should you charge anything to the phone in your unit. Should there be any charges from your stay, you will be charged a $20.00 Collection Fee plus the cost of the charges. BVR cannot guarantee the quality or availability of service in any of our properties. Service may be limited or disrupted due to conditions beyond our control. Refunds will not be given for unavailability or interruption of service.
36. Grills: Grilling is permitted at properties where the owner or community provides a grill. The International Fire Code prohibits use of open flame cooking devices (This includes Gas and Charcoal Grills and open Flame Cookers) on combustible balconies, decks, and porches on apartment buildings and condominiums. Grilling with charcoal type grills is discouraged at any property as it may result in burn marks and risk of fire. The use of turkey fryers is strictly prohibited at all BVR properties. Grills must be left clean after use. Guests’ failure to leave grills clean will result in additional $50.00 Housekeeping Fee per grill and will automatically be billed to the credit card provided. Any damage to the home, decks, or porches resulting from grilling may be charged to the guest credit card or withheld from Security Deposit.
37. Fireplace: Gas and wood fireplaces are seasonal and may be used from October to April only! Rental properties are not supplied with firewood. Not all fireplaces are working fireplaces. Should the property have a working fireplace, the Guest accepts responsibility for any damages caused through misuse of the fireplace. If there is a wood burning model, guest must remove and safely dispose of any ashes prior to departure. Please inquire in advance for permission to use the fireplace. BVR will not give refunds due to inoperable fireplaces.
38. Hot Tubs & Pools: Our private home hot tubs are regularly drained, cleaned, sanitized, and tested. Our private home pools are on a bi-weekly or weekly maintenance schedule depending on the rental season. Guest is never to attempt to repair equipment, change chemistry, or alter the hot tub or pool in any way. Only employees authorized by BVR are permitted to service the hot tub or pool. BVR will not bill guest for general maintenance on hot tubs or pools, however, we may bill for negligence, misuse, unnecessary service costs, or attempt to repair by guest or non-authorized service personnel that has caused damage to the property. If a hot tub or pool becomes unsafe, BVR reserves the right to close the hot tub or pool immediately. Guest will be notified and must agree to stay out of the hot tub or pool. BVR does not offer refunds or relocations for mechanical failures of nonessential or luxury items. The maximum credit allowed due to mandatory hot tub closing is $10.00 per day, and for a pool $15.00 per day. Please note if there is a swimming pool located in the neighborhood or on the premises of this rental unit no lifeguard or other safety personnel are provided. Guests use the pool and other premises at their own risk. Guests agree to indemnify and hold the owner harmless from any claim, loss or expense (including attorney’s fees and court costs of the owner) by guest or guest invitees. Pool heat may be offered seasonally between October and early May, however, pools cannot be heated if the outside temperature drops below 52 degrees or above 80 degrees. For an additional cost, which varies per property the pool temperature will be set at approximately 80 degrees. Please allow 48 hours for the temperature in the pool to adjust. It is the responsibility of the guest to notify BVR in advance if you wish for the pool to be heated upon arrival.
39. Processing Fee: A processing fee will be added to each reservation for administration and processing of your reservation and is non-refundable.
40. Lost & Found: Guest will be responsible for notifying BVR of lost items. Any items that are found within a Rental Property after guest departure will be reported to main office and guest will be contacted for pick up or mailing arrangements. Every effort will be made to return items to Guest. Guest will be charged a $35.00 handling fee plus the cost of shipping set forth by the postal carrier chosen by BVR. BVR is not responsible for any items left in the Rental Property. BVR does not store any lost and found items longer than 30 days from departure date.
41. Indemnification & Hold Harmless: Guest agrees to indemnify and save harmless Owner and BVR from and against liabilities theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest’s use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, accidents, loss, damage or theft of Guest’s personal property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest(s).
42. Agency Disclosure: BVR serves as the Agent & representative of all owners of vacation properties in its rental program, and is acting at all times, in and for the best interests of the owners. Guest acknowledges that Owner of Rental Property may be a licensed Real Estate Agent.
43. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of Florida and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the Count within which the Rental Property is located. BVR shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status of any Guest.
44. Pet Policy: Pets are allowed at pet friendly properties only. The Pet Fee is $195 – $295 dependent on home. Additional pet(s) will be $95-$195 dependent on home. No pets will be allowed in pet friendly homes unless pet fee has been paid for prior to arrival. Please keep your pet(s) on a leash at all times when outside the home. Please clean up after your pet(s) both on and off the rental property premises and dispose of pet waste in proper receptacles only. Guests are required to abide by all city, state, and/or county ordinances as well as any community rules & regulations with regard to their pets. Failure to comply will result in a fine. An additional $200 Pet Waste Removal Fee will be assessed and charged to the Guest credit card, if any pet waste is left on and/or within the premises/property.
45. Towels: Bath towels are not to be removed from the property, used on the beach or at the pool, or for any purpose other than as intended. Please do not use towels to remove make-up, sunbathing oils or bronzers or for cleaning or to wipe up liquids (please use paper towels). These actions may soil the towels and make them unusable. In the event that the towel(s) are missing or damaged and have to be disposed of and replaced, your credit card on file will be charged.